Chatchai Market is an old market of Hua Hin which is well-known among both domestic and international tourists, located by Phetchakasem Road in Hua Hin town. This market was built in 1926 after the royal initiative of King Rama VII on the occasion of his first royal visit to Klai Kangwon Palace with Queen Rambhai Barni. The Chatchai Royal Family, by General Prince Purachatra of Kambaengbejr, had the market constructed and presented it to the king. The structure of the market was made of reinforced concrete with a 7-curved roof, symbolising its construction during the reign of King Rama VII. Nowadays, it is a marketplace of souvenirs, as well as fresh and preserved food.