Wat Phra Ngern
23, Moo 8, Tambon Maenang. Wat Phra Ngern was built in 1821 with an initiation of Phra Ajarn Suea. This Temple has a tripitaka hall of about 100 years old.
At Wat Phra Ngern, one thing that still survives as time passed by for over 100 years is the tripitaka hall, a wooden building of 2 rooms surrounded by water, although it is not in perfect condition. In 1940, Luang Pu Klarm, the former Head of the monks, established a school of Buddhism in Wat Phra Ngern since he really saw the importance of education. Wat Phra Ngern is also renowed for amulets, also initiated by Luang Pu Klarm since 1892. Opening hours: 08:00 a.m.-16:30. p.m. For more information, Tel. 0 2276 2720-1.