Wat Saphan Soong
Wat Saphan Soong is located in Pak Kret District of Nonthaburi. Its name is used to be “Wat Sawang Arom” but was later changed by Somdet Phramahasamanachao Kromphraya Vajirananavarorasa (the 10th Supreme Patriarch of Thailand) who had visited the temple and saw the high bridge for crossing the canal (Pra Udom Canal) near the temple. This incident is seen as a blessing for the temple. Therefore, the temple has been called “Wat Saphan Soong” (High Bridge Temple) since then.Wat Saphan Soong is famous for its holy objects. It is believed that people from the two riverbanks of Chao Phraya River and thugs from all over the country know this temple very well because of Luang Phu Aiem’s images and Ta Krut amulets which are very famous for its magical power. They also include Closed Eyes amulets and Maha Solos Mongkol amulets which are rare to find nowadays. As the area in the temple used to be rundown, Luang Phu Aiem wanted to create Closed Eyes amulets and Ta Krut amulets for sale to raise money for building the Main Hall that could permanently be useful for the temple. These amulets were used as souvenirs for donators of money and objects to help building the Main Hall. Later in 1888, the Sermon Hall was built. Then, in 1896, the three-storey Chedi was built by Luang Phu Aiem. Therefore, we can say that Luang Phu Aiem is an important person that had been developing and renovating Wat Saphan Soong to be as in nowadays. The image of Luang Phu Aiem exhibits in front of the Main Hall of the temple. It was molded in 1937 by Laung Phu Klin, the abbot after Luang Phu Aiem time, who decided to build the image for Buddhists to worship.The current famous monks of the temple are “Laung Phu Was Seela Techo,” the main disciple that has inherited the teachings from Luang Phu Aiem, Laung Phu Klin, Laung Pho Tong Suk and Laung Ta Yai. Ajarn Plak Roi Bang, a sorcerer, is also famous at this temple. They all often have people coming to visit and pay respect to them.