Wat Wiset Chai Chan
Wat Wiset Chai Chan is located at Tambon Phai Chamsin which is right next to the district office to the south. Mostly, the locals call this temple by the name of Wat Tha Suwan. This is because after the construction was completed in 1847, the temple was named Wat Tha Suwan and later on the March 16th, 1956, it was changed to Wat Wiset Chai Chan. The land of the temple was granted by announcing in royal decree on September 7th, 1929. The temple is counted as a model of a developed temple as there are Dharma lessons provided here since 1941 as well as a public library and a charity foundation. Wat Wiset Chai Chan has been like a symbol of Wiset Chai Chan city since Ayuttaya period. Presently, there is only the pagoda left to see. While, other structures were built in Rattanakosin period. The temple itself lies on a plain land nearby Noi River which made the temple easily flood during the rainy season. The structures and the sanctuary are all very beautiful. All the buildings left the space under the structures, 14 meters wide and 19 meters long. Twelve of the round shaped pillars as well made it much more special with four of the roofs overlap each other. Inside the sanctuary, there are murals at each side of the wall which reflect life of Buddha and a picture of foreign troops attacked the city of Thailand. All of these murals were painted by Pui Phumraksa. Beside the sanctuary, there are a model of Buddha’s footprint and a sermon hall, built in 1929, as well as monk’s cells. Also, there are many sacred objects enshrined at the temple such as a principle Buddha and monuments of Wisetchaicharn’s heroes named Nai Dok and Nai Thong Kaeo at the front of the temple. How to get here? Wat Wiset Chai Chan is situated at 100 Ban Tha Suwan, Mu.2, Tambon Phai Chamsin, Amphoe Wiset Chai Chan, Ang Thong. The temple lies on the area of 208 acres. The north connects to the land of Royal Property, the south connects to the village, the east connects to the village and the west connects to Noi River.