Wat Sathian Watthanadit
Located on Sangkharat Road on the east side of the Chao Phraya River around the estuary of the Lop Buri River, Tambon Bang Phutsa, the temple was formerly named Wat Tha Krabue or locally known as Wat Tha Khwai. The highlight of the temple is “The beautiful golden Buddha image of Sukhothai”, which is a Buddha image in the Sukhothai art style bronze cast mixed with gold materials. At first, this image was covered by cement installed as a principle Buddha figure in the deserted wihan in the cemetery in the back of the temple (to the west) for more than 100 years. When the construction of the new ubosot was almost complete in 1948, the villagers joined hand to remove this image from that wihan to be enshrined as a principle Buddha statue in the new ubosot which had caused cracks of the cement and revealed some part of the real image. Buddhist monks and villagers then helped remove all outer part out and found that it was made of metal that was almost perfect and very beautiful. The features of this Buddha image in the Sukhothai art embodies beauty, tenderness, and glowing face, which was described as “Na Nang Khang Yik” (woman face-like and pinched chin) indicating the utmost glory of the Buddhist religion in that period. Furthermore, this image won the first prize in the beauty category in the half of the Buddhist era competition in 1957.