Wat Bang Na
Located at Bang Pho Nuea district. Built by war refugee from Ayuthaya in 1767
Wat Bang Na is located in Tambon Bang Pho Nuea and was constructed in 1767 by families of the Thai escaping from the war in Ayutthaya. This temple was originally on a canal and was difficult to access. Therefore, it was transferred to be located on the bank of the Chao Phraya River. Within the temple’s compound is a Buddha image in the posture of accepting offerings from an elephant and a monkey known as the “Palilaika” attitude, 2 chedis with a recessed-corner base, a Wat Chedi Thong 16 Pathum Thani swan column, and an ancient building which accommodates monks’cells. Besides, over and under terra-cotta roof tiles for the ubosot aged more than 100 years were discovered. People usually come to this temple to pay respect to Luangpu Seng who is deceased but his corpse has not rotten away. Also, people usually come to lift a sacred stone as a way to tell their fortune.