Wat Bot was constructed in 1621 by the Mon ethnic minority group, whose members had recently migrated from Pegu or Hongsawadi town. The name of the temple was borrowed from the Mon people’s former home, similar to many other temples in PathumThani such as Wat Hong, and Wat Bang Tanai. Locals nowadays travel to pay their respect to three Buddha images in the shrine hall and the cast statue of LuangpuThian (PhrakhruBowonthammakit), a highly knowledgeable senior monk who was also an advocate for education.Inside one of the temple halls are an ancient Mon-style Buddha image as well as a sword named PhraSaengAyasit, believed to hold great power. Other sacred objects can also be found here, including the lead sculpture of Ya-le (Jarlet), a pet dog of King Rama VI.Wat Bot is situated in Tambon Ban Klang on the east side of the Chao Phraya River. To get there, cross the PathumThani Bridge to the east side. Turn left at the crossroads and double back under the bridge to the temple on the opposite side of the road. The temple is open daily from 8.00 am-5.00 pm.