Wat No Phutthangkun (Wat Makham No)
This serene temple, built in the early Rattanakosin period, is located in Tambon Phihandaeng, Amphoe Mueang. Buddhists flock to the sacred site to admire beautiful murals lining the interior of the old Ubosot, or ordination hall. Painted in 1848 during the reign of King Rama III, the murals nonetheless remain in excellent condition. The ornate murals feature the story of Lord Buddha’s life. The temple is located 2 kilometers north of Wat Phra Loi along Highway 3507, on the west bank of the Tha Chin River. It is open daily from 8.00 am-5.00 pm.