Wat Maha Pho Tai
Is one of the old temples in Nakhon Sawan. The history of construction is not clear since all evidence has disappeared; however, based on the characteristics of ubosot and wihan, it is assumed that this temple has been built around 1656 in the reign of King Narai the Great of the late Ayutthaya period since during that time, King Narai the Great had commanded to build many temples; the ubosots and wihans with a curvy base feature were popular in the Ayutthaya period of which the ubosot and wihan of Wat Maha Pho Tai have the same features. Therefore, it is believed that the temple was built in the Ayutthaya period. The abbot who supervised the temple in that period was unknown, but in the Rattanakosin era around 1826, Luangpho Phrakhru Wa was an abbot after Luangpho Thup passed away.