Taleng Khmer Ruins
Only a single stupa is left of this set of Khmer ruins, with one front wall and a few side walls remaining to protect it. Three decorative doors and one real door ornament the rectangle-based stupa. Its front pillars are beautifully carved. However, many lintels are still found in the area; one northern gate lintel depicts the God Indra riding the Heavenly Elephant Erawan. Another depicts seven hermits meditating.By observing and noting the architectural and decorative styles, experts have concluded that the ruins were built in the Bapuan style between approximately 1017 and 1087. Prasat Taleng is located at the village of Ban Prasat in Tambon Kanthrarom, about 20 kilometers from the district office. To get there, from Si Sa Ket town, take Highway No. 220 to Amphoe Khu Khan. Turn right at the police station and keep going for 3 kilometers. Turn left at the intersection and continue for 300 meters, then turn right for another 8 kilometers. Finally, turn right at Ban Prasat village; the ruins on the right.