Wat Don Nanghong
Wat Don Nanghong is located at Don Nang Hong Village, Don Nang Hong sub-district, That Phanom district in Nakhon Phanom 48110. This ancient temple was constructed in 1757 during the reign of King Ku Kaew of Sri Kotraboon. The temple houses the stupa of Buddha relic with abbreviation GV come from Princess Galyani Vadhana. Inside, there are ubosots, pavilions, bell dorm with Bodhi trees. It is where religious ceremonies are held including charity, traditional events and Dharma lessons. At the present, Phra Kru Suchitpiriyakun, the former head monk of Don Nang Hong, is the chief monk here. Phra Barom That Chedi Style Phra That of Don Nang Hong is 32 meters high made in Langka style with 9 Buddha relic stored at the top level from Somdet Phra Nyanasamvara. Princess Galyani Vadhana’s abbreviation of GV was placed at Phra Baromathatchedi. Ubolratana Rajakanya Sirivadhana Barnavadi performed the ceremony on 12th November, 2008.