Tuek Daeng is located in Pak Nam Laem Sing District, Laem Sing Distrcit, near the pier and Khuk Khi Kai, 30 kilometers away from Chanthaburi town. Built in 1893 in the same time as Khuk Khi Kai, Tuek Daeng is a single storey red building with red-tile roof. The 7-meter-wide and 32-meter-long structure was made of brick and painted in red (Daeng.) Inside the building, it consists five rooms, all linked to each other, and has terraces lengthwise.Built by the French in 1893 in the year 112 of Rattanakosin Era, Tuek Daeng was previously the site of Phikhat Patchamit Fort whose bricks were taken for the construction. It was the French headquarter and living quarters of soldiers based at Laem Sing. The French colony had expanded its dominance over Vietnam and Cambodia and tried to occupy Thailand by claiming that the lands on the right side of Mae Khong River, which include Lao Kingdom and Sip Song Chau Tai, were previously owned by the Vietnamese and Khmer. The Franco-Thai War began and Thailand had to pay the French 4 million baht of damages. Before the payment, the French had occupied Chanthaburi, during 1893-1903. From this war, Thailand lost almost all the lands of Lao Kingdom and Sip Song Chau Tai. King Rama V later tried to balance the power with France. He sought friends from the European superpower countries such as Russia and Germany in order to gain respect from those nations. He also visited France which greatly impressed the French people. Later in 1984, the building was renovated into Laem Sing district public library. Nowadays, the place is no longer a library and opens as a tourist attraction with free entrance. To get there, Tuek Daeng is located on Laem Sing Beach, only 30 kilometers away from Chanthaburi town. From Sukhumvit route heading Trad Province, turn right into Laem Sing Beach at the 347th kilometer and proceed for 16 kilometers. You will arrive at Tuek Daeng.