Wat Bot Mueang
Wat Bot Mueang is located on a high hill at the same level with the old town hall, on Benchamarachutit Road, Talad Sub-district, Mueang District. It also attaches to the right side of Chanthaburi River.There is still no clear evidence on the history of Wat Bot Mueang; however, it is presumed that it was built in 1852 during the late Ayutthaya period. The proof can be seen in the white sandstone boundary marker of the temple, as well as the ordination hall and the spherical pagoda shape with glass lotus base.Besides, there is also the lintel in the late Baphuon style, during 967- 1,087 B.E., with the picture of Indra riding the elephant Erawan in the arch frame.Inside the temple, there are a lot of buildings, such as ordination hall, teaching hall, chapel, and large stupa housing the Buddha’s relics with small stupas surrounding the four corners. In front of the ordination hall situates the lintel in Baphuon style and Phra Pariyat Tham School.Behind Wat Bot, there is a stair that leads down to the corner of Sukhaphiban Road in Tha Luang area, which is the location of the waterside community of Chanthaburi. Moreover, Wat Bot Mueang has been the place where big candles are made in Chanthaburi Province every year until these days.The tourists who are interested in worshipping at Wat Bot Mueang can visit the temple everyday from 8.30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for free.