Song Sawoei Temple
Song Sawoei Temple is located at Ban Nong Khae, Mu 1, Nong Noi sub-district, Wat Sing district, Chai Nat province. On October 16, 1908 (Rattanakosin Era 127), King Rama V or King Chulalongkorn went to Nakhon Sawan province to investigate old rivers by train and travelled by Garuda-class barge (Krut Hern Het) to observe the Makham Thao River (Tha Chin River). Then, he stayed at Hua Hat Temple in Manorom district that is called Phikun Ngam Temple. It was the 3rd trip to Chai Nat. Later on October 17, 1908, he went along the Makham Thao River full with water hyacinths and stumps. People therefore helped cut stumps and collected hyacinths. He stayed overnight at Nong Khae that at that time was under Khlong Chan sub-district , which is currently in Nong Noi sub-district of Wat Sing district.At the time, Phra Khloi, the abbot, persuaded residents to build a pavilion to welcome the king who wished to eat rattan shoots. Mr Paen, leader of Nong Khae Temple asked people to search for rattan shoots in order to burn them, boil banana stalk and cook chili paste, and offer them to the king who ate a lot and told the people to call this temple “Sawoei”. Villagers, however, added the word “Song” before its name. Thus, it is called “Song Sawoei Temple” until now. Afterwards, Phra Ong Chao Uruphong Ratchasomphot (75th son) died at the age of only 17. King Rama V or King Chulalongkorn ordered to restore Song Sawai Temple to contribute to the charity fund for Phra Ong Chao Uruphong Ratchasomphot and gave funeral gifts to Phra Khloi. The gifts consisted of an alms bowl whose lid had an oval gold seal with the message of “Rattanakosin Era 128, Phra Ong Chao Uruphong Ratchasomphot’s funeral; a large food carrier with a lid containing the same message of the alms bowl; a krislike weapon used by a king; a ceremonial palm leaf fan; a kerosene lamp; a Sampan boat; and a set of teapot. The above objects are now well- kept at “Wat Song Sawoei Museuem”.