Wat Khien Khet
Constructed in 1896 with land donated by Mom Khien, this Temple was only first known as a monastry
Commonly called as Wat Khien, this Temple was regularily renovated by the Sanitwongse family. At first, it is known as a monastry with venerable monk Dum as its leader. Afterwards, when Mom Khien and the locals saw the poor living condition of the monks, they decided to pitch in their own money in order to construct new monk’s dwellings for the monks and then donate them as charity and named the temple as ‘Wat Sali Khetaram’. Later on, M.R. Suwapan and M.R. Sathan Sanitwongse requested to change the name of the temple according to the their mother’s name who helped with its construction, hence the name ‘Wat Khien Ket’. Inside the temple, you can find the history of Thanyaburi district and its importance as a venue of the sacred water oath in the days of old. Nowadays, Thai’s royalties still do the Kathin ceremony at this temple.