Wat Khao Din Tai (Wat Pra Nho Thoranin)
Wat Khao Din Tai or Wat Pra Nho ThoraninWat Khao Din Tai or Wat Pra Nho Thoranin is located at Tambon Khao Din, Amphoe Kao Liao, Nakhonsawan Province, on the west of Ping river bank. It is an around-300-year-old temple since the Late Ayuddhaya, located in opposite of Wat Maha Pho Dai which is counted as a close-knitting temple. That’s why the full name of this temple is Wat Phra Nho Thoranin Klai Warin Kongkaram.Behind the temple are two stone mountains which are interconnected, of which the view is a scenic beautiful lake. You can admire Khao Luang from a long distance. The Naga ladder is enamoring. On top installs an ancient Mandapa which installs an imitated bronze foot print inscribed with 1913 in which is given from Pra Sri Patcharintara Borommara Shineenart (the Queen of King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) of Thailand). The south situates an ancient pagoda and an ubosot. It is said that Somdet Toh, a renowned monk, once took the route as one of his pilgrimages when he went to his hometown-Kampheangphet. People believe that between two mountains hides a cave called “Lub Lae Cave” and that Lab Lae People lived here before. Moreover, they have believed that they could hear gamelan, gong and stringed instruments being played on a fateful day.War Khao Din Dai has been an important temple since the olden days. On August 28, 1906 The King Rama V made a personal boat trip in Khamphaengphet. The king visited Wat Khao Din to worship Luang Pho Heng. At that time, the abbot’s Wat Khao Din was constructing the pavilion and the abbot didn’t know the king would visit here. The king and Laung Pho Heng were discussing about dhamma for a while and the king was satisfied with his precepts and daily routines. After the king had been back to Bangkok, the king usually invited Luang Phor Heng to pay him a visit, especially, on important royal occasions, Luang Phor Heng was his close friend and a king’s best friend. The King ordered to decorate Luang Phor Heng as Phra Kru Phisittha Sommathakhun, a special white fan of rank located at National museum nowadays.Opening hoursEvery day from 7.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.Getting hereDriving about 2 kilometers along High Way Number 117 Nakhonsawan-Phitsanulok, tourists turn left to Ban Kang about 13 kilometers and the temple is just 15 kilometers off the town and they will see the temple on their right hand.