Wat Cham Thewi
Wat Cham Thawi or Jamdevi Temple , commonly referred to a Wat Ku Kut, is located on the Lamphun-San Pa Tong Road and built in 1298 B.E. in the Lawo (Lopburi) style. The Chedi is a square structure similar to Buddhagaya in India. Around the Chedi are levels of arches holding a total of 60 Buddha statues. Ashes of the queen are enshrined within the Chedi. The largest of the two is a very unusual square ‘stepped pyramid’ shaped pagoda. It is the oldest surviving example of this type, from the Dvaravati period which ruled much of what is now Thailand from the sixth to eleventh centuries. The chedi was built by King Athitayarat of the Haripunchai Kingdom to commemorate his victory over the Khmer halfway the 12th century. The current structure is from 1218, when it was rebuilt by King Saphsit after an earthquake damaged the original.