Situated in Tambon Ra-ngaeng, 34 kilometres from Surin City via highway 226 and a kilometre from Amphoe Sikhoraphum, the Khmer Ruins comprises 5 stupas. The middle one is the principle stupa with minor stupa surrounding on the same base. All are built from sandstone and laterite. The stupa faces east with only stair and door on the east. All the stupas are similar. Without balcony, they all have single entrance. Most sandstone parts, such as lintels, door column, pilasters, are well carved. The front stupas are made of brick and decorated with stucco. The principle stupa houses a carved lintel depicting Dances of Shiva on stage with three swans over kirtimukha, and Ganesh, Brahma, Narai, and Uma are under the kirtimukha. The door columns depicts angels and door guardians. The lintel depicting Dances of Shiva is considered the most beautiful one among those found in Thailand and Cambodia. Two lintels are found from the minor stupas and now they are kept in Phimai National Museum (They are in Surin National Museum now) One depicts God Krisna killing elephant and half-elephant half-lion creature. Another one depicts God Krisna killing a half-elephant half-lion creature. Art styles shown on the columns and stupas are mixed between Bapuan (1007-1107 A.D.) and Angkor Wat (1107-1157 A.D.). Thus, this sanctuary was probably built in the mid of 12th Century or early Angkor Wat era. Firstly, it was built in Shivism of Hundu, and later adapted into Buddhist temple in the 17th Century or late Ayutthaya period.